AntiCP 2.0 is an updated version of AntiCP, developed to predict and design anticancer peptides with high accuracy. This study utilize largest possible dataset of anticancer and non-anticancer peptides. Main dataset consists of experimentally validated 861 anticancer peptides and 861 non-anticancer or validated antimicrobial peptides. Alternate dataset comprises of 970 anti-cancer peptides and 970 non-anticancer peptides (randomly pickup from Swiss-Prot).
- Predict: This module can be used to forecast whether a peptide is a anticancer or a non-anticancer.
- Designing Peptide: This module generate all possible mutant of a peptide and predict anticancer potential of each mutant.
- Protein Scanning : This module generates all possible overlapping peptides and predicts whether overlapping peptide/analog is anticancer or not.
- Motif Scanning : This module allows users to scan or map anti-cancer motifs in the query sequence.Here user can search for the crucial motifs present in a given protein or peptide sequences.
- Download: User can download Standalone version of AntiCP2 and datasets.
One of the major features of server is that it also calculates various physicochemical properties. Peptide analogs can be displayed in sorting order based upon desired properties.
Reference: Agrawal P., Bhagat D., Mahalwal M., Sharma N., Raghava G.P.S. (2020), AntiCP 2.0: an updated model for predicting anticancer peptides, Briefings in Bioinformatics, bbaa153 .