It is well known fact that treating a disease is easy if we are able to detect it in early phase. In order to develop sensitive biomarkers, it is important to utilise genetic information. This page contains servers which will be helpful in designing biomarkers for different diseases. These servers can be used to differentiate between cancer and normal patients, different stages of cancer etc.
Computational Resources for designing Disease Biomarkers (Raghava's Group)
- ApoCanD: Database of Human Apoptotic Proteins in the context of cancer.
- CancerCSP: Gene expression-based biomarkers for discriminating early and late stage of clear cell renal cancer.
- CancerDP: Prioritization of anticancer drugs against a cancer using genomic features of cancer cells.
- CancerDR: Cancer drug resistance database.
- CanceRES: Cancer Informatics Portal.
- CancerPDF: Database of cancer-associated peptides of human bodyfluids.
- CancerUBM: Web bench for analysis of proteomics data and prediction of cancer status of a urine samples.
- CCDB: Database of genes involved in Cervix Cancer.
- DAMpro: Disease Associated Mutations in Proteins.
- dbEM: A Database of Epigenetic Modifiers
- GDPbio: Genome based prediction of Diseases and Personal Medicine
- HerceptinR: Information about assays performend to test sensitivity/resistance of Herceptin Antibodies.
- HIVbio: HIV related bioinformatics resources.
- HIVcoPRED: Predicting coreceptor used by HIV-1 from Its V3 loop amino acid sequence.
- HumCFS: A database of fragile sites in human chromosome.
- MtbVeb: A webportal for designing vaccine against drug resistant and emerging strains of M. tuberculosis.
- PCMdb: A database of methylated genes found in pancreatic cancer cell lines and tissues.
- RB-Pred: A weather based rice blast prediction server.
External Links to web servers developed/mainatined by Indian groups
This section provides URL/links to important websites developed and maintained by Indian researchers. It exclude servers by Raghava's group, which is given in above section.
- Hansa: an automated method for discriminating disease and neutral human nsSNPs.
- HGV&TB: a comprehensive online resource on human genes and genetic variants associated with tuberculosis.
- Human Disease Insight: An integrated knowledge-based platform for disease-gene-drug information.
- NeuroDNet : an open source platform for constructing and analyzing neurodegenerative disease networks.