Identification of drug targets in human (for disorder related disease, like cancer) and targets in pathogen (for pathogen associated disease) is crucial for designing medicine. In past, large number of in silico tools have been developed for identification of drug targets, following are major types; i) prediction of receptors (e.g., GPCR), ii) cytokines, iii) enzymes and iv) binders.
Prediction of Drug Targets (Raghava's Group)
- ALGpred: Prediction of allergenic proteins and mapping of IgE epitopes in antigens.
- ApoCanD: Database of Human Apoptotic Proteins in the context of cancer.
- BTXpred: A server for predicting bacterial toxins.
- CancerCSP: Gene expression-based biomarkers for discriminating early and late stage of clear cell renal cancer.
- ChemoPred: A server to predict chemokines and their receptor
- CytoPred: It is a webserver for prediction and classification of cytokines.
- CyclinPred: CyclinPred is a SVM based prediction method to identify novel cyclins.
- GPCRpred: Prediction of families and superfamilies of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCR).
- GPCRsclass: This webserver predicts amine type of G-protein coupled receptors
- GPSR: A resource for genomocs, proteomics and system biology
- GSTpred: SVM-based method for predicting Glutathione S-transferase protein.
- HIVint: Prediction of protein-protein interaction between HIV and Human proteins.
- HMRbase: A manually curated database of hormones and their Receptors.
- HSLpred: Prediction of subcellular localization of human proteins with high accuracy
- LPIcom: Analysis and prediction of ligand protein interaction.
- MARSpred: Prediction of mitochondrial aminoacyl tRNA synthetases.
- MitPred: Prediction of mitochondrial proteins using SVM and hidden Markov model.
- MtbVeb: A webportal for designing vaccine against drug resistant and emerging strains of M. tuberculosis.
- NPpred: A webserver for the prediction of nuclear proteins.
- NRpred: A SVM based method for the classification of nuclear receptors .
- NTXpred: Identification of neurotoxins their source and function from primary amino acid sequence.
- OXYpred: Classification and prediction of oxygen binding proteins.
- PFMpred: Predicting mitochondrial proteins of malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum.
- PSEApred: Prediction of Plasmodium Secretory and Infected Erythrocyte Associated Proteins.
- PSLpred: Predict subcellular localization of prokaryotic proteins.
- RNApred: A webserver for the prediction of RNA binding proteins.
- RSLpred: A method for the subcellular localization prediction of rice proteins.
- SRTpred: A method for the classification of protein sequence as secretory or non-secretory protein.
- THPdb: A database of FDA approved therapeutic peptides and proteins.
- ToxinPred: An in silico method, which is developed to predict and design toxic/non-toxic peptides.
- VGIchan: Voltage gated ion channel prediction server.
- VICMPpred: Prediction of Virulence factors, Information molecule, Cellular process and Metabolism molecule in the Bacterial proteins.
- XIAPin: Designing of efficient inhibitors against apoptosis protein XIAP (inhibitor against drug resistance cancer).
External Links to web servers developed/mainatined by Indian groups
This section provides URL/links to important websites developed and maintained by Indian researchers. It exclude servers by Raghava's group, which is given in above section.
- CSIdesigner: An siRNA designing tool with a unique functional off:target filtering approach.
- FiloBase: Essential proteins and possible therapeutic targets of Wolbachia endosymbiont and development of FiloBase--a comprehensive drug target database for Lymphatic filariasis.
- TiD: Standalone software for mining putative drug targets from bacterial proteome.
- VIRmiRNA: a comprehensive resource for experimentally validated viral miRNAs and their targets.